Sunday, January 04, 2015

WIP: Mrs. Darcy Cardigan

Happy New Year! I couldn't be happier to show you that I have made good progress on the Mrs. Darcy Cardigan since the last time we talked.

Needles: Size US9
Yarn: 4 skeins of Paton's Classic Worsted Weight Wool (840 yds)
Started: 12/1/14
I have completed 3/4 of the cardigan. 2.5 or so inches are needed before I begin the arm shaping and seamlessly attaching the sleeves to the body of the sweater. Seamless knits- who doesn't love that? I have one more skein left to this cardigan after this ball ends, so hopefully I won't get too nervous about running out.

I have made several modifications already, between making more increases for the sleeves, lengthening the garter hem, adding an extra button hole, changing and slightly lengthening the ribbing on the waist. It's possible that I might make another in the future, so I've been be really good about marking all of my changes on the pattern itself and later adding those notes to my Ravelry page.
How has your new year started? I am dreading the annual holiday cleanup and getting back into the swing of work again, although Mother Nature has finally decided that it should snow here and it's looking beautiful (albeit dangerous driving conditions) like a true Winter Wonderland in the Chicagoland area. After having snow for 3 solid months last year, I'm fine that it waited until after the holidays to snow. I'm sure a lot of travelers appreciated less hassle & stress.

I heard rumors that it would feel like -40 out this week! BRR! I was starting to get comfortable knitting for myself, but when the temperature dips like that, my instincts is to finally knit ski-masks for everyone!

No comments: